Face Map: Where to apply Concealer, Contour, Blush and Highlighter?

By angge - October 24, 2017








Hoooray! I have a new blog post! Yey! I haven't blog for a couple of months because of some school stuff and I'm a bit busy with my lifeI missed writing posts even ifit just like 2 months. I cant stop thinking about what to post next here in my blog, I ran out of ideas but when I'm visiting other blog sites I am determined to make one also.




So I have here now a Face Map. I actually got this idea from Project Vanity. As I scroll through their site I saw an article that is related to this, then an idea came up to me and lead me to write a new post.


Face Map is a map for face. Yes? HAHA. Okay, now I'm gonna teach you where to put concealer, contour, blush, and highlighter.


I'm gonna start with concealer. Well I know some of us use foundation as base, I did not include Foundation because it is for the whole face. So, for the Concealer, it is commonly placed at Under eyes to conceal your eyebags, Some people put concealer on their forehead down to their nose then to their chin, (because some people use concealer as their highlighter). Concealer is also use to hide dark circles on your face, If you have dark circle on your cheeks or on the side of your lips it is okay to put concealer to that parts, but dont put too much because it is just use to conceal or hide some parts of your face you're not confident.




Next is Contour. Contour is used to achieve that sexy look and to hide chuby cheeks. It is used to make your face looks smaller than it really is. It is placed under your cheekbones to highlight and make your cheekbones look natural (even if it's not), then under your hairline for your forehead not to look that big and to balance the size of your face, You should put contour on your jawline to achieve that   sexy look! Putting contour on your jawline is a big help to balance the size of your face, too. One thing you shouldn't forget is to put contour on your nose. That is a big change, putting contour on your nose can make your nose look sharper than it really is. It is so hard when your make up is on point but your nose is snub or flat. So you should put some on your nose to get rid of snub nose. Contour is that costly ,but you're not gonna regret using it.



For the blush, well it is obviously for the cheeks. I often use lip&cheektints as my blush rather than some powdered blush. Because I can control it rather than powder. Idk, I'm just not comfortable with some blush. So when you put blush on your cheeks, don't put too much. You don't wanna look like pucca or anabelle, right?. Control the product you'll be using and don't forget to smile while applying!

Lastly, the Highlighter. It is obviouslu used to highlight some parts of your face. It is applied to the top of your cheekbones, the tip of your nose, and the your Tear Duct (where the morning star is placed, google said that, correct me if I'm wrong). Some people's motto is 'Highlight is life' rather than 'Kilay is life' because they value their highlights and it is the only thing that can make their make up look on fleek and on point!



On the picture:
Brown as Contour
Pink as Blush
Yellow as Concealer
White as Highlighter


Here's the result of my boredom, the finished product!:








On my face:
Careline for Foundation
Dior Colour Designer All in One Make-up Palette for Concealer, Highlighter&Contour
Maybelline Fashion Brow for Brows
Skin Genie Lip&Cheek Tint for Blush
Everyday Love Nude Matte for Lips


Thank you for reading!
Til my next blog!


snap: angelicadcstro
Instagram: angelicadcstro
Twitter: angelicadcstro






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 thoughts

  1. Still haven't use any make up soo many brand to chose and I probably suck at it

    ReplyDelete